A history of dedicated service
We have been active in defence-systems engineering since our founder’s pioneering work in the development of the first battle tanks used by the British Army in WWI. The challenges faced by today’s armed forces place ever-increasing demands on equipment, requiring innovative engineering and advanced manufacturing solutions.
Ricardo Defence Systems is an independent entity – that operates with clearly defined and separate security status – that works to bring technologies to defence-related logistics vehicles.
- Complete vehicle programme leadership – from new vehicle concepts through to in-service upgrades of existing fleets for emerging operational requirements
- Requirements trading and validation
- Optimised user comfort and safety
- Through-life planning and support
- Optimising fuel economy and minimising noise and exhaust emissions
- Complete driveline solutions optimised for defence
- Simulating and modelling designs against the most adverse operational environments
- Access to a comprehensive range of commercial automotive platforms and technologies coupled with the ability to innovate defence-specific solutions
- Test and acceptance planning and support.