Benchmarking low CO2 technologies
The Ricardo EconoMark service focuses on benchmarking the latest low CO2 passenger cars featuring and state-of-the-art powertrain technologies. Our technical specialists have carried out a series of in-depth, benchmarking assessments of the fuel economy, CO2 and regulated exhaust emissions and performance of passenger car products that are considered representative of the current technological state-of-the-art.
EconoMark benchmarking data is based on three key elements:
Typically, vehicle testing of emissions and fuel economy will be carried out together with performance and coast-down evaluation.
- Emissions & fuel economy
Engine testing will include detailed mapping, performance testing and friction breakdown assessment.
- Detailed engine mapping
- Friction breakdown
Engine design benchmark
A full engine tear-down will then be as the basis of a thorough design evaluation.
- Identification of key innovations
Each vehicle studied by the EconoMark consortium is the subject of a detailed report outlining the results of the benchmarking process.
Benefits of Economark
- Support your low CO2 technology roadmap, product development strategy & prioritisation
- Full flexibility and only buy benchmarking data for the application you’re actually interested in
- Save on your benchmarking expenditure
- Enrich your database with static and dynamic benchmarking data from best-in-class fuel efficient applications
- A dedicated focus on CO2 reduction approaches
- A flexible scope of work
- No consortium membership fees or long term commitment