Interim report for the six months to December 2013
- A record order book up 18% to £143m (June 2013: £121m)
- Underlying (1) profit before tax up 29% to £9.3m (December 2012: £7.2m)
- Organic (2) profit before tax up 11% to £8.0m (December 2012: £7.2m)
- Underlying (1) basic earnings per share up 28% to 14.6p (December 2012: 11.4p)
- Net funds up £2.1m to £8.2m (June 2013: £6.1m)
- Interim dividend up 8% to 4.3p per share (December 2012: 4.0p)
- Multi-year engine supply agreement signed with McLaren Automotive
- Outlook remains positive, strong platform for further growth
(1) Excluding specific adjusting items, which comprise amortisation of acquired intangible assets and acquisition costs (see note 6).
(2) Excluding Ricardo-AEA for the period up to 8 November 2013. Ricardo-AEA was acquired in the prior year on 8 November 2012.