Off-highway vehicle engineering
The vehicles and powered equipment used in agriculture, construction, mining and industrial applications require unique solutions for engine, vehicle systems, and transmission and driveline engineering. With the deep technical knowledge and applications experience of its dedicated team of specialists, Ricardo is a strong partner that is ideally placed to assist customers in these sectors.
Ricardo provides solutions from single components to whole vehicles
- Concept studies of engines, drivelines and whole vehicles
- Product benchmarking and target setting
- Comprehensive prototype manufacture and assembly facilities
- Complete powertrain engineering capability from new engine and transmission design programmes to upgrades and troubleshooting
- Hybridization, electrification and energy storage technologies
- Development and validation testing from components and systems to full vehicle demonstrators.
Key benefits of the Ricardo service
- A one-stop shop for engine, driveline, vehicle and controls systems with world-renowned expertise in diesel engine design and development
- Industry-proven experience with off-highway product specialists able to provide innovative and imaginative solutions to the specialised challenges of each application
- Access to the state-of-the-art Ricardo Software suite of CAE simulation products
- Comprehensive test facilities
- Extensive benchmark databases and design guidelines in a wide range of applications
- A flexible and adaptable range of services to meet the specific requirements of clients, including collaborative programmes, technology transfer and on-site support.