Who would benefit from access to RiCK™ Shipping and Marine Industry Research and Insight?
A subscription to RiCK™ is helpful for all of those who would like to gain access to detailed technical research concerning the marine and shipping industry. Access provides valuable insight for all working or servicing the marine and shipping industry, including industry investors, technology developers, marine vessel owners and operators, marine manufacturers, engine manufacturers and suppliers, fuel producers and lubricant suppliers. Subscribers have access to the same insight as Ricardo’s marine and shipping experts. The insight can help teams who need research to help them answer the industries burning questions. It includes information on the fuels and power systems that could help achieve GHG targets, potential new power products, competitor analysis and information on new entrants.
What type of marine and shipping research and insight does RiCK™ include?
Through the subscription model of RiCK™, you will have access to the same technical information as Ricardo’s consultants with over 12000 marine references. Access enables marine and shipping teams to cut through the clutter found in a search engine and locate trusted sources immediately. The approach is proven to save time when gathering relevant research and information. The types of reports covered include the following:
- Propulsion research - content relating to fuel cells, diesel and gas engines.
- Engine research, technology development and overcoming challenges in the marine and shipping sector.
- Access to decarbonisation information, including reports related to energy storage and zero-carbon fuels.
- Reports and information related to innovation and hydrogen, ammonia and other fuels in the marine and shipping applications.
- Electrification within the marine and shipping sector.
- Research on emissions, emissions legislation and how targets might be achieved.
- References relating to investments into new fuel production, supply chains, and new or retrofitted fleets.
- Battery, fuel and lubricant research.
What type of marine reports might you find referenced in RiCK™?
Here is a small sample of some of the reports relevant to the marine and shipping industry you can find referenced or abstracted in RiCK™.
- Renewable ammonia as an alternative fuel for the shipping industry - Reviewing ammonia as an option for decarbonisation of marine transportation fuel. From Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station - March 2021
- Decarbonising ships, planes and trucks: An analysis of suitable low-carbon fuels for the maritime, aviation and haulage sectors. From University College Cork and Queen's University Belfast - Feb 2021
- INSIGHT BRIEF:Five percent zero emission fuels by 2030 needed for Paris-aligned shipping decarbonization. From COP26 Climate Champions; University College London; Global Maritime Forum - March 2021.
- INSIGHT BRIEF: The scale of investment needed to decarbonize international shipping. A review of investment needed into new fuel production, supply chains and fleet to achieve decarbonisation in line with IMO strategy. From Global Maritime Forum; University College London - Jan 2020.
- Catalysing the fourth propulsion revolution, The urgent need to accelerate R&D to deliver zero-carbon shipping by 2050. From the International Chamber of Shipping, November 2020.
- Techno-economic assessment of advanced fuels and propulsion systems in future fossil-free ships. From Aalborg University; Chalmers University of Technology - May 2021
- Grid Impacts of Uncoordinated Fast Charging of Electric Ferry. From PrimeAsia University, the University of Queensland and the University of Tasmania - March 2021.