Engaging and supporting local communities
Ricardo wishes to be an active and engaged member of the communities in which we operate in a non-political manner. We cannot accommodate all requests for support, so we shall focus on specific areas and approaches. We deliver within the context of our Ethics Policy which addresses aspects of legal compliance in this area.
The responsibility for compliance sits with the Chief Executive supported by the Group Risk Manager and is delivered via Divisional Managing Directors and their teams.
- Wherever possible we will work on a benefit in kind basis and use community engagement work as an opportunity to develop staff.
- Charitable donations should be focused on children, education or health.
- In these areas, we will prioritise support where employees are actively engaged in fund raising and where possible consider matched funding.
- We may occasionally support major natural disaster appeals on a group wide basis.
- We encourage employees to actively engage in the management of local education and the promotion of engineering and business in schools and colleges around our sites, particularly subjects related to Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM).
- We are active in professional and industry bodies that relate to the areas of activity of our Divisions and will support employees in contributing to their professions.
- We want to be active in our local business communities and will support senior employees working in economic regeneration and representing the views of business to local and regional government.
- We will be open to feedback from stakeholders via emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dave Shemmans (Chief Executive Officer)
2 January 2020