Ricardo Group Health and Safety Policy Statement
Ricardo plc is committed to achieve Health and Safety excellence. Our activities and those of our contractors take into account the well-being of employees and all those that are affected by our operations. We undertake to assist our employees and contractors to comply with their legal obligations and operate in a culture of safety first.
Our principle health and safety commitments are:
- Taking responsibility for the care of our employees, contractors and all others by reducing the risk of harm to a minimum during work activities
- To comply with and help formulate all Health & Safety legislation, codes of practice, regulatory controls and client requirements
- To communicate our policies to our staff and stakeholders so that everyone knows and understands their responsibilities, are well trained and competent and are held accountable
- To investigate and learn from all accidents and near misses, sharing best practice and efficiency improvements between divisions
- To monitor performance and report progress, aiming for continual improvement and preventing injury and ill health
- To verify compliance by certification to OHSAS 18001 in our main facilities
- To drive a culture of ownership and excellence
- To encourage our supply chain to commit to similar policies
This policy is implemented at each Ricardo facility through our management systems. Changes to this policy shall be driven by audit results, changing circumstances and the commitment to continual improvement. Staff awareness of this policy is ensured by providing appropriate training and communications.
Dave Shemmans (Chief Executive Officer)
24th January 2018