Ricardo Group Health and Safety Policy Statement
Ricardo is committed to achieve Health and Safety excellence. Our activities and those of our contractors consider the well-being of employees and all those that are affected by our operations. We undertake to assist our employees and contractors to comply with their legal obligations and operate in a culture of safety first.
The responsibility for compliance sits with the Chief Executive supported by the Group Risk Manager and is delivered via Divisional Managing Directors and their teams.
Our principal health and safety commitments are to:
- Take responsibility for the care of our employees, contractors and all others by reducing the risk of harm to a minimum during work activities.
- Comply with all applicable Health & Safety legislation, codes of practice, regulatory controls and client requirements.
- Evaluate risks before undertaking new activities or operating in new locations.
- Communicate our policies to our staff and stakeholders so that everyone knows and understands their responsibilities and is well trained, competent and held accountable.
- Consult with employees on changes to our health and safety management system and its supporting processes.
- Investigate and learn from all accidents and near misses, sharing best practice and efficiency improvements between divisions.
- Monitor performance and report progress, aiming for continual improvement and preventing injury and ill health.
- Publish targets and report performance in our annual Report and Accounts (from 2020).
- Verify conformity to the requirements of ISO45001.
- Drive a culture of ownership, participation and excellence.
- Encourage our supply chain to commit to similar policies.
- Be open to feedback from stakeholders via emails to [email protected].
This policy is implemented at each Ricardo facility through our management systems. Changes to this policy shall be driven by audit results, changing circumstances and the commitment to continual improvement. Staff awareness of this policy is ensured by providing appropriate training and communications.
Dave Shemmans (Chief Executive Officer)
2 February 2021